Dirleton is one of a string of villages and small towns along the southern coast of the Firth of Forth. All are well worth a visit.
Aberlady has a delightful mix of building styles along its main street and a beautiful church.
Nearby Waterston House is the headquarters of the Scottish Ornithologists Club with advice on bird watching and regular exhibitions. Gosford House is a splendid regency house with fascinating grounds. Gosford Bothy in the grounds of Gosford House is a farmshop with a dedicated butcher and a small cafe. Also nearby is Craigielaw Golf Club which has a restaurant with magnificent views, and is open to the general public.
Gullane is all-things-golf plus splendid beaches, cafes, pubs and restaurants and a small selection of interesting shops.
North Berwick is a real old fashioned bucket-and-spade seaside town and a keen entrant to Britain in Bloom contests. It has a wide selection of eateries and shops plus some galleries. And it is now developing some decidedly funky food outlets. It also features the Scottish Seabird Centre, the Coastal Communities Museum and The Lodge Grounds.
Links to websites of attractions in the area:
- Lennoxlove House – https://www.lennoxlove.com/
- Coastal Communities Museum – https://www.coastalmuseum.org/
- Craigielaw Golf Club – https://www.craigielawgolfclub.com/
- Gosford House – http://www.gosfordhouse.co.uk/
- The Lodge Grounds, North Berwick – https://north-berwick.co.uk/index.php/project/the-lodge-grounds/
- Myreton Motor Museum – https://www.myretonmotormuseum.co.uk/
- National Museum of Flight – https://www.nms.ac.uk/national-museum-of-flight/
- The Scottish Seabird Centre – https://www.seabird.org/
- Waterston House (Scottish Ornithologists’ Club) – https://www.the-soc.org.uk/
- East Links Farm Park – www.eastlinks.co.uk
- Foxlake Adventures – www.foxlake.co.uk
You can also look at the Visit East Lothian Website at : https://www.visiteastlothian.org/home