1. Name: The name of this non-profit making constituted group is Dirleton Good Neighbours.
2. Aims: The aim of Dirleton Good Neighbours is to promote, encourage and organise community connections, activities and events for Dirleton residents and to liaise with local or relevant community groups. Inter-generational activities will include a monthly Lunch Hub open to all Dirleton residents and visitors and regular communications to keep interested residents updated on DGN activities.
3. Equal Opportunities: Dirleton Good Neighbours will not discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, sexuality, disability, religious or political belief, marital status or age.
4. Organisation: The management of Dirleton Good Neighbours will be carried out by a Committee with a minimum of four and a maximum of nine members to include a Dirleton Good Neighbours Coordinator, and Treasurer; and Representatives for key activities such as the Lunch Hub, Intergenerational Projects and Village Activities. Other specific roles will be added, shared and rotated as required. The Committee and Officers will be elected annually at the Annual General Meeting. Ordinary meetings will be held not less than twice a year.
5. Annual General Meeting: This will be held within 15 months of the previous AGM. The date, time and place will be publicised to village residents a month in advance. Any items relating to changes to the Constitution or the election of new committee members should be notified to the Coordinator at least one week in advance of the AGM and will be voted on at this meeting. . At the AGM a summary of the year’s activities will be made; the accounts will be presented for approval and the Management Committee will be elected.
6. Meetings: The committee will meet at least twice a year. A quorum for decisions at all meetings and AGM shall be four. The aim shall be to reach decisions at all meetings by consensus, but if this cannot be achieved, a vote shall be taken with the Dirleton Good Neighbours Coordinator having a casting vote.
7. Finances: A bank account will be maintained on behalf of Dirleton Good Neighbours at a bank approved by the Committee. Two signatories for the account will be set up, and the approval of both signatories will be required to authorise payments. A record of income and expenditure will be maintained and an annual statement of accounts presented at the AGM. All money raised by DGN will be spent solely on the aims laid out in the constitution. The financial year of Dirleton Good Neighbours will be January 1st to December 31st.
8. Dissolution: If it is decided to close down Dirleton Good Neighbours, this shall be by the agreement of a majority of the members of the Committee, and four weeks notice of a meeting to dissolve the organisation shall be given. Any remaining funds or assets shall be distributed in terms of the aims of the organisation.
Revised and revisions agreed at AGM 28.2.2019
Dirleton Good Neighbours is a Constituted Community Group promoting & organising Community Connections