DIRLETON Harvest Fesitval 2023
JOIN IN THE FUN!
Judging Complete - the Results are announced.
A massive well done to everyone for a most amazing collection of scarecrows this year – 32 so far!
We have 12 more entries than last year, and 3 times as many adult entries (why should children have
all the fun?!) So, thank you to everyone for helping to create a wonderful Trail for people to visit.
With such effort, fun and creativity evident it has been an enormously difficult task to judge them,
but it had to be done, and the winners and runners up are:
The Scarecrow That Made the Judges Smile the Most
- Glen & Innes Anderson: 25 Castlemains Gardens
- Darcy & Aidan Breckon – “Flamin Crow”: High Point, Main Road
- Gemma & Rosalie Mitchell-Tebbs: 6 Harpenside Crescent
Best TV, Book or Film Scarecrow
- Elise & Esmie Stevenson – “Harry Potter”: Bench in front of The Castle Inn
- Millie & Flynn Gillies – “Room on the Broom”: Fidra View
- Emily, Reuben & Joanne Kitto – “Barbie”: 1, The Glebe
Best Traditional/Harvest Scarecrow
- Diana Murray: The Rowans
- Emma, Isla & Grace Hornby: 24 Castlemains Gardens
- Emma & Innes Lamb: In the hay, under The Doocot
To everyone else, your reward is having created a bit of fun for everyone that walks the Trail – last year that was several hundred people, including from North Berwick, Gullane and Aberlady (and at least one that we’re aware of from Edinburgh!!)
In addition, all children involved in the making of a scarecrow can come and collect a small Goodie Bag from
the Harvest Festival Market on Saturday.
All prizes and Goodie Bags will be handed out at 2.00pm.